Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brendan Visits!


Brendan came to visit for a week.  It was really fun to have him here.  He hadn't been here in about eight years.  His Norwegian was a little rusty but still understandable.  

We explored Trondheim with a vicious photo contest.  Who could capture the true essence of Trondheim the best??  Here are the results (I won't say who took what):






Brendan
Outside of Steinen Studentby (where I live)



Brendan and I by the river



Me









It got pretty intense












Coffee house by the old fort




Me, firing the cannon


Inside the coffee shop by the fort.  We were testing out the flash of the camera...
very effective.




In the coffee shop.  It was raining (typical...) so we went inside
and bought waffles and had hot chocolate.  






The Old Fort





I think this may win.  I am not saying who took it though...






focus







You should click on this picture to make sure you see that expression!









Action Shot






























In the old part of the city, near my favorite coffee shop






Nidaros Cathedral











A new bike for my mom



Skating on the river?



Brendan








Setting up the camera








And then I brought him to what we call the Pizza Tower.  It is a tv tower for TV2 but there is a rotating restaraunt on the top and it has all-you-can eat pizza Sunday nights.  It is a landmark and looks strangely alien in a very cute and old city.  



Brendan



Brendan is very tiny as I try to get the whole tower
but he is giving a thumbs up.





Self Portrait with the City.  Brendan is on the 
left in a baseball hat and I am on the right.
This is from inside the pizza tower.

No comments: