Monday, August 25, 2008

Lom





While we were at Juvass, we stayed with Eirik's old ski club in Lom.  There I got to revisit the Stave Church, which was really cool.  It was built around 1020. 






This is me in awe of the church.


And Emily in awe of the church



We also went to a museum of really old Norwegian houses for our recovery jog.  Apparently there is a time when actors are in them but they were all locked so we just saw the outside but it was still fun to see.  


I am inside the front porch of one of the old houses

I had to earn my stay somehow



And after a very theatrical fight with a true viking (Eirik)...



I came out victorious!



It was a wonderful trip!  It was good to have snow under my feet again.  According to the very technical analysis from our camera-man (Ian), my skiing improved over the weekend but mostly it was awesome to be outside in the sun and snow.  And though Emily and I worked very hard on our goggle tans, the evidence is minimal, unfortunately.  
Hope all is well!

No comments: